Betsy brings over 20 years experience in ERISA Compliance, including retirement plan administration and customer service. She is proven leader with significant experience aligning teams across locations, document drafting and system conversions. She has served as an ERISA subject matter expert for multiple financial institutions and offered ERISA training to a variety of audiences.
ERISA expertise, Plan design, Customer service, Agile Project Management, Leadership, Change Management
- As an ERISA consultant, Betsy identified and engaged a solution for the client’s Automatic IRAs and lost and missing participants
- As an independent consultant with a National Insurance Company, Betsy served as a subject matter expert for the implementation of DOL Fiduciary regulation across all product lines, successfully utilizing an Agile approach. Although the Rule was eventually overturned, the client was well-positioned to fully implement the recommended courses of action in advance of the effective date of the Rule
- Betsy has led teams through multiple document restatements, with a focus on plan improvement and client satisfaction. All of these projects were completed on time and under budget
- She has served as a leader during system conversions at two major insurance companies
- Betsy has fostered and maintained relationships throughout the Retirement Plan Industry, cultivating a strong network of associates with valuable expertise
Prior Positions Held
- DOL Fiduciary and Compliance Consultant – Ohio National Financial Services
- ERISA and Retirement Plan Project Consultant – Ohio National Financial Services
- Vice President, ERISA Plan Services – Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
- Vice President, ERISA Plan Services & Administration – Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
- Vice President, ERISA Plan Services – Union Central Life
- Former Board Member – The SPARK Institute