Mary-Ellen Sanderson has over 20 years of financial services industry experience. She has held senior roles in a variety of marketing and product disciplines to help clients develop and implement strategic and creative solutions to meet their goals and objectives. She has experience running cross-functional initiatives within matrix organizations and delivering multi-channel programs to increase client retention and new business acquisition.
Strategic Marketing, Investment and Asset Management Marketing, Product and Lifecycle Management, Advertising and Brand Management, Digital Marketing, B2B Marketing and Client Experience, M&A Communications
- As the Director of Investment Product Marketing at TIAA, Mary-Ellen led the strategic vision and execution for TIAA’s investment and product initiatives, including developing the strategic positioning around lifetime income and annuities, managed accounts, custom portfolios and mutual funds
- Mary-Ellen spearheaded investment marketing efforts from strategy to execution, including competitive positioning, packaging, promotion, internal training, sales and acquisition support strategies and consultant relations communications
- She was responsible for the marketing and communications activities to support the purchase of Superannuation provider and administrator
- Mary-Ellen has developed and led M&A communications for an investment management firm
- At Bank of America, Mary-Ellen managed the intermediary marketing strategy and execution to drive new business and revenue from external retirement and benefit plan consultants, resulting in increased new business wins from consultants and increased retention of existing clients partnering with an external consultant
Prior Positions Held
- Director, Investment Product Marketing – TIAA
- Sr. Vice President, Retirement Plan Marketing – Bank of America, Merrill Lynch
- Director of Marketing – Voya (Previously CitiStreet)
- Sr. Communications Consultant – Fidelity Investments
Mary-Ellen recently developed a go-to-market strategy and repeatable best practice for a boutique investment management firm to help them launch a series of new products and services, including separately managed account solutions.