Monica is a transformational leader with over 25 years of experience leading financial services and information technology organizations in achieving growth while driving increased efficiency and scale. She has extensive experience working with senior executives and cross-company partners and operationalizing end-to-end processes to build business infrastructure, enable scale, and drive results.
Strategy and Operations, New Market Entry, M&A and Post-Merger Integration, Process Innovation, Change Management, Strategic Product Management, Business Performance Analytics
- As Senior Director and Lead at TIAA, Monica established and led a business management office for a newly created Retail Financial Services organization and developed an effective operational infrastructure for multiple lines of business, including Distribution, Bank, Brokerage, IRA, Managed Accounts, Client Experience, and Digital.
- She also led the development of a multi-year strategic plan in collaboration with senior management and key business partners and built the first consistent, repeatable business planning process.
- As a Product Manager at TIAA, Monica scaled and enhanced the sales, service and operating model for TIAA’s Private Asset Management Group and led the implementation of a managed accounts technology platform.
- Monica has worked with several reputable financial services institutions, including BNY Mellon Asset Management and Thomson Financial (now Thomson Reuters). In these roles, Monica provided strategic planning and consulting services to executive management teams, evaluated potential acquisitions, mergers and lift-out targets and made go/no-go recommendations, and managed post-merger integration efforts. She also designed and implemented a growth plan to expand into Latin America.
Prior Positions Held
- Senior Director and Lead, Business Management – TIAA Retail Financial Services
- Senior Director, Planning and Performance Management – TIAA Retail Products & Services
- Director, Product Manager – TIAA Private Asset Management
- Vice President, Strategic Business Development – BNY Mellon Asset Management
- Vice President, Business Development Investment Management Group- Thomson Reuters
Monica is an accomplished and respected leader with experience in multiple areas within Asset Management, Wealth Management and FinTech. As a result, she is well versed in identifying opportunities to achieve sustainable growth and has a knack for developing, executing, and leading new processes and functions, or streamlining existing ones to achieve scale and increase profitability.