Ryan has nearly 25 years of experience as an analyst focused on software design, project management, and process improvement. This experience includes 15 years in the retirement plan industry and close to three years working on government contracts with the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. State Department.
Business Analysis (Functional and Technical Requirements), Data Analysis, Database Design and Development, Microsoft Excel Expert
- Ryan has performed data analysis for a major mutual fund company to help inform strategy decisions around new markets
- He has helped administer time study data surveys to collect and analyze information to drive process improvement recommendations
- He designed custom software to facilitate daily mutual fund trading for defined contribution plans and managed the implementation effort
- Ryan also designed, developed and implemented a daily fund reconciliation system to tie OmniPlus plan balances to mutual fund daily position data
- He developed a database to track, manage, and report on marketing efforts across a sales and marketing group at a large retirement plan administrator
- Ryan developed end-user databases used to streamline the set-up of defined contribution plans within the OmniPlus recordkeeping system
- He also assisted with the implementation of a retirement call center system in INVESCO’s Hong Kong office in advance of the launch of China’s Mandatory Provident Fund
- As a Process Engineer, Ryan has redesigned business processes in all areas of HR, including health and welfare, compensation, and defined contribution and defined benefit plan administration
Prior Positions Held
- Team Lead, Analysis & Design; Systems Analyst – MIL Corporation/U.S. Department of State
- Systems Engineer – SAIC/U.S. Department of Defense
- Business Systems Analyst – Blackbaud, Inc.
- Business Systems Analyst and Project Manager – INVESCO
Ryan recently developed a capacity modeling tool to assist a Compliance department in forecasting their staffing needs during peak periods.