Steve is a financial services executive with extensive retirement and investment experience, both in line management and strategic consulting. His experience spans business, marketing and product strategy, product management and launch, client services and operations management.
Business, Product and Marketing Strategy, Market Research and Competitive Intelligence, Product Management and Development, Retirement and Retirement Income, Investor Education and Planning Tools
- Steve has worked with both states and the industry on the design,
- Steve served as the IRA product manager for industry leaders Fidelity Investments and Merrill Lynch, including participating in cross-company IRA rollover retention initiatives which led to dramatic increases in IRA rollover business
- Launched three successful state 529 educational savings programs
- Led several landmark research studies on the changing nature of retirement as well as numerous qualitative and quantitative customer and prospect research studies
- Led the development of several investor education guides and planning tools as well as managed employee communications for retirement plan clients
- Steve has worked with both states and the industry on the design, feasibility and business models to support newly legislated state-mandated retirement programs
- Worked with a consulting client to develop a 360-degree view and strategy to grow their retirement and investment business, including market sizing and segmentation; baseline customer and advisor research; product assessment, including competitive review and pricing recommendations; customer education and planning tools; retirement income philosophy and strategy
Prior Positions Held
- Director Retirement Group – Merrill Lynch
- Senior Vice President, Marketing – Fidelity Investments
- Senior Vice President, Institutional Client Services – Fidelity Investments
- Vice President and DC Practice Leader – AON
Steve recently was a panelist at a forum hosted by PEW Trusts to advance solutions for workers to increase savings for emergencies and other goals beyond retirement by creating “side car” savings arrangements connected to retirement plans. Steve was able to share an industry perspective on the opportunities and challenges, as well as some of the leading financial wellness programs that many retirement plan sponsors are implementing.